What is Discord?
Well, If you’re facing the same issue and try to fix this error then you’re in right place. In this article, we will gonna share with you easy-to-understand and a step-by-step guide on how to fix the errors.
For the solution, many users reinstall the Discord app to fix the error so you need the Discord can load and run correctly or not. So if the error occurred on the discord then you will need to troubleshoot Discord using the below methods.
As with several applications, Discord stores temporary data on your Computer continuously to make it operate as efficiently as possible. Often, however, those temporary files can get corrupt and interfere with the way the program runs. We need to delete those particular files to give Discord a simple run when booting with your system. Let’s check out the first method
Method 1: Delete Discord Files In Localappdata & Appdata
1. First Start with Discord close via Task Manager (CTRL+ALT+DEL) then right-click the Start menu icon in Windows, bottom left-hand corner.
2. Next You will see the option “Run” in the pop-up menu, select it.
3. After the small Run window will pop up, type in the “%appdata%” and Click on OK.
4. A window should appear with several folders inside, select the Discord folder, right-click and delete. Return to Start menu once deleted and load “Run” from settings again.
7. This time, type “%Localappdata%” in the same field and click ok.
8. Find the Discord folder again, and delete it by right-clicking and choosing delete.
9. Relaunch the Setup file for Discord and follow the steps to reinstall the program.
Method 2: Run program without Administrator Privileges
Sometimes Discord app does not run as an administrator so users reported problems regarding the tool is required administrator permissions.
Here are the steps to run Discord without administrator:
- Locate the Discord folder executable.
- Change its properties by right-clicking its entry either on the Desktop, the Start menu, or the search results window.
- Choose Properties
- Navigate to the Compatibility tab in the properties windows.
5. Next to confirm Run this program as an administrator option before saving any changes, without admin privileges discord should be launched and open reagin by doubleclick and check error goes or not.
Method 3: Uninstall & Reinstall Discord
If the above method not working for you then you can try this method to uninstalling and reinstalling the application is the best way to fix the error. Apart from this if you use Windows 10’s inbuilt uninstall utility, apart from this you need to delete any remaining files to install them again
1. To start the menu icon and click the search button in the taskbar. Type “Control Panel” and double click the search find.
2. In the Control Panel, click on the highlighted “uninstall a program” text located just below the ‘’Programs’’ icon.
3. Now find Discord with the help of the search bar and then select, Right-click on it and select “uninstall”.
4. Once uninstalled, right-click on the start menu and select “Run“
6. Type “%appdata%” and click “Run“
7. Find the Discord folder and delete it.
8. Reopen “Run” again and type “%Localappdata%” ” and delete the “Discord” folder.
9. Now need to redownload the installer from the Discord website.
Method 4: Command Prompt
- Open command prompt and type in “taskmgr” and click “ok”.
2. Click on the “Discord” option from the list of running processes in the Task Manager, and select the button “End Job.”
3. Now that Discord has ended, press “Windows +” R “and type in” Control Panel”.
4. After Click on the “Uninstall a program” then right-click on the button “Discord” and select “Uninstall“
5. Follow any prompts on the screen to uninstall the app from your computer.
6. Now navigate to the folders “AppData” and “Local Data” and uninstall the Discord folder from there as seen in the first step.
7. After pressing the “Windows +R” buttons to start the Run box and type” Cmd”
8. Press the “Shift+Ctrl+Enter” keys to the command prompt to grant admin privileges.
9. Type the command “Gpupdate / Force” and press “Enter” to execute it.
10. Wait for the command prompt to complete and close the process.
11. Reinstall Discord from their website after updating, and check to see if the error still exists.