Error Code 0x97 is a error that happens when your Epson printer is facing some kind of internal hardware issue.
This error is triggered for various reasons, such as motherboard failure or failure of some other internal component.
Your printer stops printing something that makes you stop doing an significant task when this error occurs.
Whenever you got error code 0x97 on your Epson printer, you can go through this article to learn about troubleshooting to resolve error code 0x97 on your Epson printer in the easiest way.
Table of Contents
Methods To Fix Epson Error Code 0x97?
We listed some Epson version that commonly occurred error
wf-7620, and 7610.
If you want to repair the 0x97 error code on your Epson printer, you should follow the methods to solve your issue.
Unplug and Plug-in
1.First of all, you need to unplug all the connected cables on your printer.
2. Now remove all printer cartridges from your printer. Always turn off your printer by pressing down the power cables from the power source.
3. After that, plug in all the cables and then USB cables.
4. Reinstall the ink cartridges on the printer.
5. Now turn the power back on and check if the error code still exists. If error occurred go to next method or
1. Switch the printer off the printer and then unplug it from your device from the power source.
2. Now carefully open the printer case.
3. Now take a clean paper towel and then take it with some head cleaning fluid.
4. After that, make the position of the soaked paper towel down into the middle of the heads of the printer.
5. Now sit it for 12 hours and then check if the error code does not reappear.
Microsoft’s Printer Troubleshooter:
1. Microsoft provides a range of printer troubleshooting tools and you can use anyone for your printer and printer issues.
2. You can download it from Microsoft’s official website according to the printer model and OS of your computer.
3. After that, run it on your computer to resolve several problems in a very productive manner, including the Epson printer error code 0x97 error.
Switch On and Off Your Printer
1.Switching a printer on and off will fix a variety of technical problems, including the 0x97 error code.
2. You should perform this process in the following way: First of all, unplug all the cables and USB cables from your printer. Now, for about 60 seconds, press and hold the power button on your printer. This will cause your printer to be reset. Now plug all the accessories back in. After that, press and hold the power button for 60 seconds again and then run a test print.
Install and update your printer’s driver
There is also a possibility that the main reason behind the Epson error code 0x97 is the malware. If so, then install or upgrade the malware protection provided by your printer.
Disconnect the Printer:
Cancel any print task and take out all paper jams from your printer. Remove all paper jams disconnect every cable connected to the printer.
Additionally, If you try any of the fixes that we have mentioned above and you still get this error, we highly recommend that you move to a new printer.