Would you like to become a blogger? Great.
Perhaps you’ve even come up with your niche and pictured yourself traveling around the world, hanging out on Bali or Jamaica. Awesome!
However, you may feel a little bit puzzled.
How should your blog posts look like? What should you do to write articles that your audience will actually like? How to increase engagement? How to make people keep reading your blogs?
No worries. That’s where these blog post writing and formatting tips come in.
Check and implement them to become a ‘real deal’ in the world of blogging fast.
Table of Contents
- 1 Tip #1 – Do the Research
- 2 Tip #2 – Create a Catchy Headline that Grabs Attention
- 3 Tip #3 – Write for Your Readers: Keep It Simple but Make It Engaging
- 4 Tip #4 – Use Bullets Lists
- 5 Tip #5 – Use As Many Visuals as Possible
- 6 Tip #6 – Use ClickToTweet Plugin
- 7 Tip #7 – Conclusion and Call to Action
- 8 Tip #8 – Edit Your Blog Post
- 9 Tip #9 – Optimize It for Search Engines
Tip #1 – Do the Research
Before you even start writing an article do your research.
- Do market research to find out if this niche is potentially profitable.
- Do competitor research to find out what your top competitors are and what they are blogging about.
- Do keyword research to come up with the best keywords for your blog posts. It will help you get some organic visits from Google.
- Do research on the topic of the article. For this, type in Google keywords that you select for your blog post. Check all the SERP results on the first page of Google. If these articles are ranking on the first page, probably there’s something that Google likes in them. Read them to find it out.
Once you are done with research map out an outline for your blog post not to miss any important points that you need to highlight in it.
Tip #2 – Create a Catchy Headline that Grabs Attention
A headline is super important. Why? Because it’s the first thing that your visitors are going to see when they come to your page.
One of the greatest examples is “Do You Make These Mistakes in English?”. The experts who run that campaign only changed the old Headline for this new version. Everything else was the same.
And guess what? The sales increased sufficiently. It outperformed the old headline hundred of times. That’s how great headlines make the difference.
Tip #3 – Write for Your Readers: Keep It Simple but Make It Engaging
Be it an essay, research papers or blog posts, write your content with readers in mind. No matter what your audience should always come first.
Use simple sentences. Keep them short. Hemingway app can be your great guide.
Tip #4 – Use Bullets Lists
Formatting is very important for improving engagement. People don’t like to see one big monolith piece of text. It makes them click away. Use bullets in your blog posts to make them:
- more appealing for the eyes of your readers
- more informative
- more persuasive (bullets work amazingly well for highlighting benefits)
Tip #5 – Use As Many Visuals as Possible
What is the easiest way to perceive information for you? Most probably, through video and visuals. Not a surprise. That’s why infographics and videos are so popular nowadays.
To make your audience stick around with you, you should use as many visuals in your content as possible. Use Canva to create nice images for your blog posts. It’s free and intuitive.
Tip #6 – Use ClickToTweet Plugin
This plugin is simply amazing. It will make your blog posts more appealing. And most importantly, it will help you to share them effortlessly on Twitter.
It’s simple and free. If you consider blogging on a regular basis, ClickToTweet plugin is a must.
Tip #7 – Conclusion and Call to Action
Each of your blog posts should have a conclusion and call to action. These two elements will make your articles look more professional.
Use 1 call to action at the end of your blog post. It can be something like:
- feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below
- Share this article with your friends
- download this free ebook to learn more on the topic
- subscribe to our blog not to miss out similar blog posts
You can also use calls to action several times through your blog post. For example, if you have a content upgrade to collect emails.
Tip #8 – Edit Your Blog Post
Once you finish writing your article, have a rest. Do something else for at least 3-4 hours. Then you can come back to it with a fresh set of eyes and edit it. Use tools like LanguageTool or Grammarly.
Alternatively, if you need help with editing your articles, feel free to turn to
Tip #9 – Optimize It for Search Engines
Why SEO is so important? Because it gives you organic visits and trust.
SEO can help you become more legit in the eyes of your target audience. People trust sites when they find them on the first page of Google.
Use Yoast or SEOMath plugins to optimize your blog post for search engines. They are extremely helpful. They tell you exactly what you need to do to make your page Google-friendly.