In this article We’ll guide you how to factory reset your google home, google home mini, google home max and google nest mini so if you’re a google home users then this article will very helpful for you.
Table of Contents
How To Factory Reset Google Home?
Here’s the step by step guide to factory reset the Google Home
- Make sure your Google Home is turned on and plugged in.
- Next, look for the microphone button on the smart speaker’s back.
- When you’re ready, press and hold the microphone button for 15 seconds to factory reset your device.
- If you keep pressing the button, your Google Home will announce that its memory and settings will be erased.
- The Home will finish the reset process if you keep pressing the button.
How To Factory Reset Google Home Mini
1.The Home Mini has an FDR (factory data reset) button on the underside of the smart speaker.
2. Hold down this button for 15 seconds, just as you did in the previous steps.
3. After the Mini will then confirm that the device will be wiped if you continue to hold down the FDR button.
4. After you’ve wiped the speaker, you can use this Android Basics tutorial to set up the Google Home Mini.
How to Factory Reset Google Home Max
Here’s the steps for erasing the Home Max are the same as for the Mini.
- Locate and hold the FDR button near the power cord for about 12 seconds.
- After the Assistant confirms that the speaker will be reset, keep pressing the button.
- After you’ve wiped the speaker, you can use this Android Basics tutorial to set up the Google Home Max.
How to Factory Reset Google Nest Mini
Here’s the steps to reset the google nest mini.
1. There is no specific FDR button on the Google Nest Mini. Instead, use the Mic On/Off button.
2. From the side of the Nest Mini, turn off the microphone. The LEDs will change colour to orange.
3. Hold down the centre of the device’s top, where the lights are.
4. After 5 seconds, the reset process will begin, but hold down the button for another 10 seconds until you hear a sound confirming that the Nest Mini is resetting.
In this way you can factory reset your Google Home, Mini, Max and Nest mini too. The above processes are very simple and easy to handle every process.
Read More: How to Use Google Home App on Your Mac
Read More: How to Use the Google Home App for PC