It has never been very easy when dealing with Windows Update Error Code 0x800704cf is a common network error and everyone may be face this issue while accessing the internet. It’s not a major issue you can fix it but if you don’t know what it means.
This code impact every day of life especially it goes easily like when you do your office work in a group and share files, divide work between colleagues and store these files in a common folder but suddenly appears error on windows then we don’t know how to fix the error.
Are you received the windows update error 800704cf?, which can be followed by the message: ‘Network error – Windows cannot access.’ Then don’t worry we’ll guide you on how to Windows Update Error Code 0x800704cf
Why Causes the error code 0x800704cf?
There may be several reasons first is that your MAC address creates problems or the problem could be caused by your local network data.
Error 0x800704cf for Windows Update usually occurs when trying to access a network PC or when the Workgroup is being accessed.
This problem can be solved by trying one of the following solutions. Let’s start with a couple of simple configurations.
- Change Adapter Settings
- Reset TCP/IP
- Uninstall Network Adapters
Solution 1: Change Adapter Settings
1.Go to Start, then type Setting in the search box.
2. Click on Internet & Network (Wi-Fi, aeroplane mode, VPN).
3. You will now display the available network connections on your computer.
4. Click on to Change Adapter Options, scroll down.
5. Right-click on current Wi-Fi network on your Windows 10 device and choose Properties.
6. Uncheck the first Client for Microsoft Networks.
7. Press Ok and restart you computer.
Solution 2: Reset TCP/IP
1.Go to Start, then type cmd in the search box.
2. Then type ipconfig /flushdns this command will clear the DNS cache.
3. For refreshing NetBIOS entries, type nbtstat -RR
4. Reset the IP settings by executing netsh int IP reset.
5. The last command you should do from cmd is netsh Winsock reset.
6. Close the cmd window and restart your Windows 10 system.
Solution 3: Uninstall Network Adapters
If above two solutions not working for you then you can uninstall network adapters using device manager
1.Got to Search icon and type Device manager.
2. Now expand Network adapters to see all the related drivers installed on your system.
3. Right-click on each item and select the Context menu to Uninstall.
4. Select Uninstall to confirm the changes, if you receive a confirmation message.
5. Repeat this process until you remove all adapters.
6. Finally, restart your machine and use the network interruption free connection.
We hope given solution works for you to fix Windows Update Error Code 0x800704cf. If still showing error on your windows then contact Microsoft support they will help you.