There are some reasons we need to backup file when something goes wrong, with little or no data loss, a backup will help you recover your files and system. Unfortunately, the downside is the lack of space. These files, particularly on smaller drives, will fill up your hard drive. Here we will discuss 3 methods to delete backup files in windows 10 so lets start
Method 1: Delete Old Backup Files Using Control Panel
1.First open Control Panel.
2. Then Select System and Security.
3. Next Click on System.
4. Click System Protection in the left pane.
5. On the System Protection tab, click Configure.
6. Click on Delete.
7. Click Apply, then OK.
Method 2: Delete Old Backup Files Using File History Cleanup
- First Open Control Panel, then click System & Security, and click on File History icon.
2. After Click on the Advanced settings link on the left side.
3. Then click on the Clean up versions link in the Versions section.
4. Select the time period of versions you want to delete, and then click on Clean up.
5. If the cleanup completed successfully, click on OK.
Method 3: Delete Old Backup Files Using Disk Cleanup
1.Run cmd and type cleanmgr, then click OK to open it.
2. Click the Clean up system files button in the Disk Cleanup window to view options for clearing system files.
3. Make sure the Previous Windows Installation(s) checkbox is checked in the Files to Delete list.
You can also enable the cleaning of other settings or folders at this point to save additional space. Press OK to begin the deletion process once you’re ready.