Recording videos can be fun. You get to showcase your talent and keep memorable moments saved to cherish later. If you are an Apple user, you are likely to be familiar with iMovie. It is the ultimate video editing software application developed by none other than Apple. It was launched in 1999 and allowed users to edit videos like never before. One of the best features of iMovie is its ability to help you speed up videos. Sometimes, videos are just very slow, and you have no option but to speed them up. Here is how you can speed up a video on iMovie.
Part 1: How to Speed up a Video On iMovie On iPhone?
IMovie is an excellent tool for editing videos. It comes loaded with powerful features. Both professionals and non-professionals can use it to speed up a video and do so much more. You can easily speed up videos on iMovie using your iPhone or iPad. It allows for editing on the go. Since it is intuitive, you should have no trouble making the most out of it.
The best thing is that the newest version takes the concept of speed control to the next level. It enables you to apply the effect to specific parts of the clip rather than the entire clip. The following steps will help you speed up a video on iMovie using your iPhone.
- The first thing that you need to do is head over to the App Store to download the iMovie app for free.
- Once the app has been installed, you just need to open it, and a “New Project” screen would pop up.
- You get to choose between a trailer (offers a template for creating Hollywood-style trailers) and a movie (for creating a movie using photos, music, and videos).
- Choose “Movie” for speeding up the existing video footage. You will need to browse through the album to find the desired video. Then, it will be imported to the video editor.
- Now, you just have to select the video clip from the timeline that you want to speed up.
- Then, a toolbar would appear towards the bottom. Select the “Speed” button (similar to a half clock symbol) from the options to speed up the desired part of the video clip.
- You can slide to the right to speed up the video up to twice the speed or slide to the left to slow it down.
- If you want to speed up different parts of the video, you just have to tap “Add” or tap outside of the current range. You will need to drag the slider once again to the right to the speed that you want. As you drag the clip, you will see a number below it to indicate the speed. You can stop at the speed that you find satisfactory. That is about it.
Part 2: How to Speed up a Video On iMovie On Mac?
Editing videos on iMovie on Mac provides the best result. A larger screen makes things a whole lot easier. You should have no trouble speeding up the video with the option. It is the ideal option for professional video editing. Mac offers greater flexibility. If you are a Mac user, the chances are that you either use iMovie 9 or iMovie 10.
Here is how you can change video speed for iMovie 9.
- Select the video from the Event Library and drag it all the way to the Project Library.
- Choose the project and press the “I” key for bringing the inspector pane.
- Finally, you just have to click “Convert Entire Clip” for processing the clip and moving the slider towards the right, and adjusting it according to your preferences.
And, here is how to speed up a video in iMovie 10.
- Add a clip on your timeline and click the “Speed” icon.
- Choose one of the presets from the speed controls and select a percentage.
- Next, you would come across either a turtle icon or rabbit icon on the video clip, which would indicate the speed of the video.
- You can move the slider for the clip left or right for fine-tuning the speed.
- That is about it.
Part 3: Better Video Editor Alternative Than iMovie-iMyFone Filme
If you are looking for a better video editor than iMovie, you should give iMyFone Filme a try. It is the latest video editing software that you need to check out. The best thing about iMyFone Filme is that it is an easy-to-use video editor. You can perform both basic and high-level video editing tasks using the tool. It is designed for everyone, from businesses to individual use.
Here are the steps that you need to follow to speed up a video using the tool.
- Select “Fast Video” from the Media Library as it will bring you to the Fast Video mode.
- Then, you get to choose from 7 template categories which include business, education, holidays, birthdays, and weddings. Choose the template you want and view it.
- You also get to select the aspect ratio of the video. Once you are ready, you just have to click “Add your media.”
- Next, you just have to click anywhere in the window and select “Import.”
- Now, you need to choose the part of the clip you want to edit and hold the Speed icon from the Toolbar.
- Then, the Speed window would open up, and you just have to move the slider to the right for accelerating its speed.
- Lastly, you just have to click “OK” for confirming and click “Export” to save the video.
Once you have finished reading our post, you will know how to speed up a video on iMovie in no time. Although iMovie is a great tool, iMyFone Filme is a much better tool as it allows for fast, professional editing. Its hassle-free process allows you to master the art of video editing in no time. Besides, its multiple templates will help you create stunning videos. It even lets you add cool effects and offers advanced features for unleashing your creativity.