In this guide, we will tell you about Private vs. Public torrent trackers with pros and cons. If you use torrent trackers then this article is very useful for you.
A “tracker server” is frequently connected to BitTorrent and other peer-to-peer (P2P) file-sharing networks. When it comes to BitTorrent, a tracker server is essential for arranging file transfers among various users (peers) who are either uploading or downloading the same thing.
There are two trackers to use Public trackers and private trackers If you want to know about whats the pros and cons using these trackers then read the full article.
Public Tracker (Mainly called Open Tracker)
Public trackers are those that are available to the public and anyone can access them without any restrictions. It uses BitTorrent and peer-to-peer (P2P) file sharing where users can share as well as download the files. These open trackers allow anyone to locate peers and establish a connection in order to upload or download files.
- The public tracker is open to all and also no need to take membership to access.
- There is no limitation
- You can access a variety of content
- It has a large number of peers so it will help you to download your files very fast.
- Being a Public tracker, your all activity (including sharing, and downloading) is seen by any connected to the same torrent.
Private trackers are those that are available to private and restricted torrent trackers. It requires membership or invitation to access it. It also has a community and some rules and regulations for its users.
- It offers a higher level of privacy and security.
- It has a high speed.
- It has active forums and communities where members can communicate with each other discuss their problems, and request content.
- It’s not open to all, it requires an invitation or membership to access it.
- There is a restriction,
- It has some seeding rules
We hope you will clear the server tracker and the difference between both, We recommend If you use public torrents then make sure you are downloading and sharing files that you have the legal authority to access and distribute, if you are download and shares. Unauthorized and copyrighted materials may result in legal ramifications in several countries and regions. So before using torrents always check with laws and rules of such countries.